Steptoes Dog Vintage Wares

Where I have a little cogitate on all things vintage ......

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Upcycled Crystal Blind & Light Pulls ....

In my travels I come across all kinds of beautiful antique and vintage bits and bobs, that I take home thinking happily to myself .....'i'll find a use for that, it's so pretty'.
Anyway I have finally found an actual USE for some of my bits and bobs! 
Being a little short in the leg I cann't really reach the Velux blind pulls in my bedroom and the bathroom string light pulls often provide tha same problem too - so i decided to make a blind pull.
I used a piece of 1930's Grograin ribbon and a very pretty antique Victorian crystal droplet that would have originally been on a chandelier to make mine.
If you can't find a crystal droplet, then you could string old beads onto a wire and tie them on to your light pull or attach them to your blind with some pretty ribbon.

At our vintage shop we've got lots of lovely odds and ends for you to make your own vintage home improvements with!

Labels: , , , , , ,